Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What is the Language Boutique?



The idea of the Language Boutique came about suddenly, actually in a flash of inspiration about what I really wanted to do with my business. I had been turning the idea over and over in my mind for quite a while without coming upon any idea that encapsulated what I wanted to project with my business.

I have to say that I personally like the idea very much.

Simply, as in a clothing boutique; when you would enter and get personal attention and assistance from the shop owner, who would advise you about what items are in season, what items would suit you the best or suit the occasion that you are shopping for, be it a wedding, a date or a business event, and so would be able to pick out something perfect for you and possibly also various items to complement it. I am offering the same detail of service to my clients, but in relation to their language needs; language learning, communication and all aspects related to language, such as, translations, corrections, proof-reading, copy-writing as well as other ways to use and improve your language through business courses aimed at helping clients deal with English in a real-life situation which increases their job marketability.

In the modern age of social networking, so a friend told me, the only way forward in business was by writing a blog. A blog is a good way to get things moving and get my ideas out there.



I set my own company up, basically, because I've been teaching for over 18 years now and I've spoken to a lot of people about ideas for improving language services and I thought I would create something along the lines of what people want and need. It's not as easy as it sounds, people want a lot and it's hard to streamline a service that is simple enough to market without over-complicating itself by offering too much information.
My first attempt at a webpage was precisely that, an amalgamation of everything I could think of to offer and the result was a confusion of too much information. Since then, I've cut it all down and stream-lined it and focused on the more important ideas. It will get stream-lined again, I expect, as some services that I'm offering will be more popular than others and I hope people will give me suggestions or new ideas that I can develop. With luck, things will take off and who knows what direction it will go.



I am going to maintain my position which is the provision of a service that is tailor-made to the client. I will be flexible and go where the demand is to provide what is needed and wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment